How It Works
How It Works
Understanding how your intraocular pressure (IOP) fluctuates throughout the day is essential for you and your doctor to be able to best understand the risks glaucoma poses to you, and decide what treatment and medications are best to protect your eyesight. The iCare HOME tonometer makes it possible.
- Allows monitoring of your IOP at home at different times of day and night, so your doctor will have the whole picture of your IOP levels – not just the limited information gathered in clinical settings.
- Requires no special skills or training to use.
- Red and green light signals make it easy to correctly position the tonometer over your eye.
- Built-in iCare EyeSmart technology performs automatic OD/OS recognition.
- Fully automated measuring to take either a single measurement or a series of six measurements with one touch of a button.
- All data gathered by your iCare HOME tonometer is automatically collected and then transmitted to your doctor.
- Safe – approved by the FDA for home use by you.
REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT REQUIRED
As the renter, you are solely responsible for care of the device, any exposure to excessive dirt or moisture, drops or mishandling leading to any type of damage will have to be handled on a case-by-case basis and can be deducted directly from the deposit. (Normally any cleaning can be accomplished by simply wiping the device with a damp cloth. Keeping the device inside the case is the best way to keep it safe from damage.)
Once the rental period is over, the device must be return-shipped the next business day to avoid any additional fees. Once we receive the device back and inspect it, we will immediately refund you your $1200 deposit minus the weekly rental fee used.
SANITIZED FOR SAFETY
In order to protect you, we take product cleanliness seriously – especially during the current COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why all of our devices go through a very comprehensive cleaning process prior to shipping from our home to yours.
Devices, containers and included equipment are first thoroughly sanitized with a 90% Alcohol-based cleaning solution and then placed into a sealed 360-degree UVC LIGHT CHAMBER for a specific length of time that effectively destroys all bacterial and viral contaminants. All of this is done so that your device arrives clean and sanitized to your home.